Tuesday, 14 November 2017

Royal Visit Day

Terrible nights sleep and when I did I had a nightmare....horrid. The alarm went off at 7.45, I next time opened my eyes it was 8.45 so a scramble to get up, shower and breakfast.

I relaid the sitting room fire, did the sarnies and wrapped them in foil in the fridge, took out the creme brulee from the freezer and put them in the fridge to defrost.

Sat down for a cuppa, then shoved the dyson over the sitting room floor, made the bed, swished round the wash basin and cleaned the toilet...... set out the plates and cups etc on a tray in the kitchen,all ready for her ladyship to land, depending on what time they got away any time between 11.30 and 1pm.

Well, the royal visit is over, they missed the turn in Waltham and had to double back, however everything went off well, the sarnies were delicious, the only down side was the toffee on the creme brulee did not crisp, still it was ok.

They went about an hour ago on their way to Cambridge phew..... I am shattered now, SIL talks non stop, you have a job to get a word in edgeways.

Last night I printed off the price tickets for the things for the fair, will get DB to help me put them on tomorrow.

DD2 is coming on Thursday, She has an appointment in the town in the afternoon as has DB so we will give her a lift back.

I put a message on Freecycle for a clothes rail, but nothing forthcoming so I am going to order one from Argos, we will collect on Thursday as well. I also need to get a  new circuit breaker as well. The old one stopped working.

No idea what we are going to have for supper.....may be bacon.egg and tomato.


1 comment:

  1. Mercy! You certainly did well in preparing for Herself with your tidy home and a delicious meal with yummy afters. Phew! That's over with! Hope you followed up with a well earned nana nap and a restful evening.

    As always, you're wonderfully organized as the fair date approaches!

    It's another chilly, sunny day here and I'm intent on making one or two more blocks.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.