Monday, 4 September 2017

Monday

Very dull grey morning, we have had rain overnight so the garden is soaking, we woke to G in the garden leveling the ground for the shed. He had already dug out the soak away for the shed.

I was asked for the recipe for the chicken yesterday. I use whole chicken breasts but it also works with diced chicken.

Chicken either whole breast or diced.
Half a cup of brandy.
6 dried apricots.
Chopped onion.
Chopped garlic.
Mixed herbs.
Chicken stock. Approx 300mls
Pepper.
Butter and oil. Cream, optional.

Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the oil and the chicken, fry the chicken until its slightly coloured, scoop out and fry the onions.

Add the garlic and chicken back into the pan, stir.

Pour in the brandy and allow the alcohol to burn off, add in the apricots, herbs chicken stock and season.

Bring to boiling point, then turn down and simmer. For whole breasts about 40 minutes for the diced chicken 20 - 25 minutes. You may need to top up the liquid.

I use corn flour to thicken the sauce a bit and then add cream, thickening the sauce stops the cream from splitting. You do not have to add cream, just thicken the sauce slightly and serve. You can also miss out the brandy if you wish. Its up to your taste.

Serve with veg, or rice with peas.

Glad I did the laundry yesterday,  it would not have dried today.

I decided yesterday to ask DD1 to come and go up the loft to get the machine boxes down, she is coming tomorrow afternoon, so I can arrange for the sewing machine to be collected later in the week.

Went to print the labels to send my machine for service, the blessed thing will not work, have tried everything I know and a few things besides.....so have bit the bullet and got a new printer. We had that one since 2012, so not bad I suppose. DB messed up the previous one.

Monday clean done, discovered the loo was leaking, so a call to the repair people, the chap has been and fixed it.......also paid a couple of bills.

Egg chips and beans for supper........




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chicken recipe!! It does sound really yummy and I look forward to having it. We have a slow cooker recipe using apricot preserves and an envelope of dry onion soup mix that is delicious.

    How nice it will be to have the new shed up and working so a freezer or two can be inside and out of your way. Nice, too, that there can be electric lights inside and perhaps a potting table so puttering can be done on cloudy days.

    It's time for me to use the seam ripper to take out 3 short seams. I thought I had pinned so logically and carefully but it is apparent that wasn't so. Sigh!

    We have a cool and sunny Labor Day holiday today.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are printers cheap there? Most are here, which is great cos I could do with a new one. They only seem to work well for a few years, then they go to s*it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.