Tuesday, 22 August 2017

Tuesday

Yesterday was a better day although the headache persists, I am making an appointment for him to see the Dr, a referral to a neurologist has been suggested.

After his siesta we went up to the hospice and dropped off some stuff for the shop. Around 5pm DB said he felt tired, so laid down for about an hour, he was up in time to have his supper and stayed up for the rest of the evening.

He was restless for a while before he went to sleep, but we both got a reasonable night.

He went out in the garden for an hour this morning. Cucumbers picked, I pulled a leek for soup.

I spent the morning in the kitchen, make leek and lentil soup for lunch, used up some courgette and also green beans, I cooked too many last night. I also made the stock for scotch broth. I had 3 lamb bones, into the pressure cooker with carrot, onion, garlic and soaked soup mix. 20 minutes and it was done, have taken the remaining meat, what bit there was, off the bones and the stock is now in a big bowl cooling. I think it will be split into 2 lots one to use and and for the freezer. Salad prepped for supper tonight, just have to cook the jacket spud. 

DB confessed he was tired so went for his siesta, we are going to the surgery tomorrow, he still has the headache, paracetamol just does not touch it. The hospital told him not to take the codeine as it could make it worse.....what do you do???

I am about to put my feet up and read, I might also have a nap, although I did sleep fairly well.

Footnote

I have received a couple of comments about my post yesterday. Before you comment you need to have lived in my shoes for the last 27 years!! I NEVER post nasty comments on any blog, if I cannot find something pleasant to write I do not comment. I have been vilified before, its getting extremely wearing, if you do not like what I post, which is a mirror of my thoughts, then buzz off and annoy someone else. DB is well aware of how I feel and why!!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you don't think my question was anything but genuine as I don't know the background although I have read and enjoyed your blog archive. Now that I know that hubby is a PITA (said tongue in cheek) I will refrain from questioning you when you appear exasperated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly made the most of your day with all of that yummy sounding cooking and food prep plus the trip to the hospice shop! No wonder you were ready for a nap.

    It will be good to have more medical input about these HAs DB is experiencing - especially since they've persisted. Better safe than sorry. Good, tho, that DB feels good enough to still enjoy the garden.

    Hope you can let the unkind, judgmental words of the negative naysayers roll off of you like water off a duck's back. Like you, I never ever post anything but positive, nice words on any blog as that's what I was taught as a child and it's a much better way to go through life.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have said it before in your comments Anne, (when you suffered with the last nasty little troll) - decent people are brought up with a 'if you can't say something good then don't say anything at all' approach.

    But there's seems to be a few people around in blog land at the moment, who believe that it's acceptable to be just downright rude because they 'think' that they're better than others.

    I'm thinking of Mrs Bucket here as being the biggest culprit, now we obviously have Florence bloody Nightingale chipping in here as well.

    I think the lovely Barbara is right - don't let her upset you - perhaps one day she may learn some decency and some good manners and apologise .....but I wouldn't hold your breath, as my old Nan used to say some people are dragged up not brought up.

    Sending hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't understand how people say the things they do on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a better night's sleep! It really helps so much, to be able to get plenty of rest when you are a caregiver. It is exhausting work and so, so stressful. My spouse came home from the hospital after open heart surgery with a scar from stem to stern and a jumpy heart with fluctuating blood pressure. Several times, he almost ended up back in the hospital and it was a rollercoaster from hell. Plus he was very very annoyed and snappy.

    I wanted to mention something that happens with me that might be of help to DB. For the past 15 years, I suddenly began to experience headaches that came out of nowhere, were debilitating and lasted for several days. I had no clue what the heck was going on and MRIs, blood tests, etc revealed no solution. I put up with it quite continuously for YEARS. Turns out, it's hormonal and men can suffer with it just as much as women. When the hormones decide to take a sudden drop, severe headaches can and do arise. It's just a thought. I went to an Endocrinologist for answers and things are much, much better although still not resolved and they probably won't ever be. My hormones have harassed the hell out of me since I was 12. Has DB had his hormone levels checked?

    You're not alone in the struggle. Wishing you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AARRGHHH 27 years !!! ive only done 5 and im climbing the walls with the sheer frustration of it all , you need a long service medal .
    on a footnote do you know paracetamol can cause severe headaches if you use it long term?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.