Friday, 11 August 2017

Friday

Another sunny day.

Yesterday finished with me taking DB to the Drs. he has had to go back this morning for a blood test, we will know the result this afternoon........I am keeping my fingers crossed its not arterial sclerosis that is causing his headaches. He has been given steroids, took 6 last night and 6 this morning......at midnight he woke me moaning about his stomach, I made him drink a glass of milk, the pain went off, he slept, I did not, was reading from 12 midnight onwards. No  effects from todays dose so I suspect he had indigestion.

G arrived just as we were going off to the Drs to start taking down the shed.


The empty shed.


What the site looked like when everything was cleared away.

We need to just level it out a bit, the council have to arrange for the chap to come and spray to make sure any Japanese Knotweed is killed off and then I can order the new shed and get it put up. We will have to relay the paths and construct a decent step, at least 2 of the slabs to the left are going to have to come up.. the new shed is 2 foot longer than the old one.

Once the chaps had gone I set to and cleaned the kitchen, wet room and toilet floors and hoovered the carpets in the living room and hall. I am going to see about getting a cleaner once a fortnight once I have sorted the shed etc.

We were going out for tea this afternoon, but our friends are coming to us instead, I feel safer with DB close to a bed just now, although he has been ok this morning apart from the headache.

E came round last evening with the cash for 2 of the bags, the last one I made, as I thought, the strap was too long, so I have undone the top to redo the strap and then re topstitch round the edge. I might get it done tomorrow.

I think I will be going to bed early tonight, 2 hours sleep is just not enough!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, two hours of sleep is not enough.
    Take care
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that DB will do well and that the headache is minor and temporary.

    Hope you two have a delightful time with your friends!

    The site were the shed was certainly looks empty! Will the new shed have a window or two? DH put in two narrow, sideways windows high in the wall of our shed and the light it allows in is marvelous.

    I plan to cut/sew more purple HSTs today but may also run to the library.

    Wishing you a good night's sleep tonight and sweet dreams!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Just caught up on 3 days worth of posts - I hope Edwin feels better soon and you try to care of yourself too and rest up when you can xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.