Sunday, 2 July 2017

Sunday

We had our usual breakfast in bed, the front door bell went, but no one there. ?power surge.......re-set all the clocks only for it to go off twice again. Rang up to see what was going on, problems with a high tension cable, switched to another supply. About an hour later it went again, have we been switched back? 

Laundry washed and on the line, its sunny, but keeps clouding over, there is a breeze which hopefully will dry the laundry fairly quickly.

Bacon sarnies for lunch. DB is going for his rest and then shower and change for his bowls, so I have the afternoon to myself. I am hoping to finish quilting the cushion cover. Its ages since I did any machine quilting, its a bit like when I first started, big and small stitches, it was called country quilting!! will take me a while to get back to regular stitches. I do warm up on scrap fabric. I think I also need to find the silicone spray, the wadding is not moving easily across the bed of the machine, not sure If I have any furniture polish......I no longer use it, just a damp duster and then buff up. I will try wiping the bad of the machine with a damp cloth first, see if that makes a difference.

More raspberries picked this morning, I am going to freeze some might get enough for some jam.

Freezer audit done and menu list filled in, shopping list started, do not need much meat this month, we are out a couple of Sundays so no roast.

Have just heard that my niece and her family are coming over from Oz for 3 weeks in late August, it would be good to catch up with them.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara's comment for Sunday.....

    How nice that the weather is just right for the bowls group to meet, for the laundry to dry, and for you to have more raspberries!

    Did the spray help the bed of your sewing machine be slippery so fabric could slide nicely as you sewed? Hope so! What did you work on or do during your afternoon on your own? It's it lovely to have time for yourself every so often?

    What nice news that your niece and her family will be in the UK to visit in August!

    Today is another quiche-making eve for me so I cannot wear myself out in the sewing room too much before time for that. I have U2' "Joshua Tree" playing and plan to unpack more fabric.

    It's in the low 90s*F with no rain in sight until Wednesday. It feels like an oven outside.

    Our neighbor came over a little while ago to say that a good friend of his is interested in buying AMIL's house next door "as is" so we need to come up with a price to give him when he calls that will allow some negotiating room. Do pray!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.