Friday, 7 July 2017

Friday

Gosh it was mega hot again yesterday, phew its much cooler so far this morning, I have all the back windows and door open there is a bit of a breeze. I opened the bedroom and sitting room windows first thing, but once the sun gained strength closed them and drew the curtains.

I was awake early and could not get back to sleep, so read until DB woke up.

The chaps from the council are due anytime this morning, hummmm..........

P got back into her flat ok, the locksmith turned up about 2.30, it took him 2 1/2 hours to get into the flat and put a new lock on. Apparently the first lock had not been put in correctly which was the cause of the problem, so 3 things have gone wrong in P's first week in her new home, lets hope thats the end of it. I have to say the manager of the flats was exceptional, he was due to attend a meeting, but cancelled, he should have gone off duty at 3pm but did not go until he was sure P was back in her flat and everything was ok. He deserves a medal, in this day and age it is wonderful to find someone with such commitment to his residents.

The shed chappies were here for over an hour. Decision has been made. The expert says the JK we had is dead, we have to remove the old shed and all the gubbins underneath and then the ground will be treated to ensure that the knotweed is dormant under the new shed. We can then have the shed put up and the old shed taken away. It needs to be done in September.......so a month earlier that I expected, however I think it will be ok.

It was sunny till lunch time, then it clouded over, we have not had any rain but its much cooler.

B rang this morning to let us know the arrangements for P's cremation, its a week on Monday 17th July at 1pm at Grantham, there is to be a funeral tea afterwards at the little chapel round the corner.

I have finished putting the binding on the mats, I now have to sew it down by hand, not a job I enjoy, I will try and make myself do a mat a day. Its not so bad now we have the lighter nights, I do not mind sewing whilst watching the TV.

Fish, chips and peas for supper, we have enough raspberries for dessert.


1 comment:

  1. My sympathy to P, once again.

    What good news that you and DB have permission to install the sturdier garden shed right where you want it to be. Hope it's approved for electricity, too.

    Excellent progress on your table mats! Hope the hand stitching goes well.

    Hot and busy day here with cooking lunch for DS2, my lunch, laundry, ran dishwasher, and was off the grocery followed by the library. I feel like I was in a sauna when outdoors.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.