Saturday, 24 June 2017

Saturday

A little sun first thing, but a breeze which keeps it cooler.

After breakfast we started spreading the wood mulch on the front garden, I am positive this bag is bigger than the last one. We completed one side of the garden and then stopped for lunch.

When we went round the back out side neighbour was cutting back the ivy with secateurs, DB offered to go round with the loppers, of course I had to get roped in as well.....however we have cleared it mostly from her side, the rest needs clearing from ours. It will have to wait another day.



The orchid from the bathroom, there are 2 flower stalks on this one.

DB has had his siesta, he is watching the last day at Ascot, we will be going out shortly to finish putting the wood chips down on the front, and then I will see if I can get it round to the back garden, its too big to lift so it will have to be dragged. I will then shovel it into the wheel barrow to tip it on the paths between the veg beds.

DB has taken the net off the strawberries, he is picking raspberries now.......

Officially crackered, all the front flower beds are covered with a deep layer of wood chip, by this time next year it will need doing again. We have over half the sack left for the paths at the back. Dragged the bag round, so now I need to sit and recover.

Macaroni and cheese for supper, jacket spuds, tomato and celery salad. We will finish off the strawberries for dessert.



1 comment:

  1. I was going to say be careful and watch what you're doing but then saw that I was too late and you'd dragged that bag round - no wonder you're cream crackered. Your orchid is beautiful - did DB pick many raspberries, Ours are not ready yet but Hubby has said that he's picking redcurrants and gooseberries tomorrow - Try to have a rest now xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.