Friday, 23 June 2017

Another dull day

It is very grey and windy, we keep getting small showers, nothing like the storms we were told to expect.

We were up at 7.30, the wood arrived at 7.45, same chap as before, soon unloaded and on the front grass, I have moved the wood round to the back, we might start and empty the wood chippings this afternoon. DB has almost finished weeding the front beds. I need to seriously think about plants to fill up the empty spaces.

I have a feeling that P is fading fast. The actual LOROS mini bus arrived to pick B up just before 9.30 this morning, she was not carrying a bag when she got into the bus......we are wondering if they have called her in. She does not usually go in until about 11am. Time will tell.

I washed the bath towels they are dancing on the line, despite the showers they are drying in the wind, I may fetch them in and finish them off on the airer although the sky appears to be clearing.

The fields round about us are shorn of their crops, the farmers have been busy harvesting during the fine spell, tractors lorries and combine harvesters along the roads.......the rolls of silage and hay are appearing in the farm yards.

The strawberries have almost finished, DB picked half a bowl of raspberries this morning. I need to get some sugar and make the strawberry jam, I also plan to make some strawberry and rhubarb for a change. No chance of the raspberries getting frozen, DB loves them more than strawberries.

I have mounted the piece of trellis against the coal house, it needs screwing on then I can start to train the clematis up it. I want it to cover the side of the coal house eventually. Still no news from the council about the shed. DB was on the phone again this morning. He is talking about just going ahead with the shed regardless.......its not going to happen yet. I have to get the cash in the bank first and we need to empty the old shed and get it removed.

I am doing a bit of decluttering in the kitchen cupboards, anything that has not been used in the last 12 months is going out, I have several cake tins which I thought I might use, but cake is not on the menu very often and its usually a lemon drizzle or carrot cake, although I do make the very occasional victoria sponge, I use a deep tin and cut it in half, as I used to do for the teas at Suntrap. I do make scones quite a bit too, not too  much fat and sugar in those, its the butter, jam and cream you put on that does the damage!!

Fish and chips tonight, the first cooked meal for a week, we have been living on salad whilst it has been so hot.

Will be settling down to watch Ascot after lunch whilst DB has his siesta.

1 comment:

  1. Well done in getting the needed lumber and such for the garden beds and to DB for getting the weeding finished in front. What plants are you considering to fill the empty places in the flower beds?

    Hope all goes to plan for getting rid of the old wobbly shed and finding another place for its contents until the new shed is built. What a shame the council is so very slow in giving you permission to replace the old shed with a new one. What is their excuse?

    My best wishes for peace and comfort to B at this sad time.

    I should follow your good example to clear the excess of stuff. We have pie pans and cake pans of our own and more that belonged to my mother or AMIL. We will never ever need to make 12 pies but we have the pans for that. Unfortunately, DH does the cooking and most of the baking, so it's not my decision.

    Today is 90*F and horribly humid. It's sweltering outside. I went to the grocery and library in the early arvo and was drenched by the time I got home.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.