Friday, 30 June 2017

A Fine Day

It eventually stopped raining last night, the ground was damp this morning, but it has dried up as the day has gone on.

It was so cold yesterday afternoon I lit the fire......almost July!!

Two more mats done, just have one to quilt and then cut the binding and sew it on. 

Friday clean done, even hoovered up the carpet in the sewing room, lots of bits of thread etc. It looks quite tidy in there just now. How long for is another matter.

DB was out in the garden, half a bowl of raspberries, so that dessert for tonight sorted. I have more new spuds to use up so we are having fish with new spuds and peas, hive chips a rest for a week.

DB is bowling on Sunday, so I will cook our sunday supper tomorrow instead, he will get his tea. I guess it will be bacon sarnies before he goes. Need to put a loaf on tomorrow, we have just finished the last loaf at lunch time.

DB is getting to grips with his tablet, it works differently to my IPad, so its a learning curve for me too, I have loaded borrowbook and also his forty thieves game he plays, so he is happy for now.

I have discovered where our friend from round the corner has gone, she is in a flat in Bottesford, I will send her a note and we will nip over and see her. Maybe we can take her shopping to Aldi when we go.....I am pleased we know where she is at last, several people have asked me if I knew where she had gone. Our local pastor told me this morning and gave me the address.

Update....

When DB got up after his siesta we decided to go over and see P, she was delighted to see us. She had been wondering how to get in touch with us let let us know where she was. 

She has a really nice little flat, hall, sitting room kitchen bedroom and en suite with a walk in shower. Moved in at the weekend, she has one or two bits more to get and then she will be very comfortable and happy.

We have arranged to go over next week and take her to Aldi in Bingham to stock up her cupboards and freezer.

We were pleased to see her looking so well. She is making the effort to get to know her fellow residents which is really good.




1 comment:

  1. Barbara's comment for today.....

    How nice that the lovely rain stopped in time for DB to get to spend time in the garden again! You've had a busy day, too, with your cleaning and tidying.

    It was so kind to have taken time this arvo to visit your friend, P, as I know it gave her great pleasure to see you two and to know she was missed. It's also very thoughtful of you to offer to take her to the grocery next week.

    Wishing you and DB well as you get to understand the mysterious workings of his new tablet.

    Well done on persevering with your table mat project and for hoovering up your many colorful thread snippets!

    I've worked a bit in the sewing room today with my aim being to clear off the cutting mat so I can work on a UFO while the rest of this room upheaval slowly gets finished. Oh, dear! I just heard my mother's voice in my head saying "Cakes get "done". People get finished. Your cannot see, but I had written "slowly gets done." and changed the 'done' to finished.

    Hugs!



    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.