Wednesday, 31 May 2017

Wednesday

Fine and warm, but not too warm. I made scones this morning for afternoon tea, we had friends coming.

DB went to get his haircut, I thought he had got lost, saw him talking to one of our neighbours.

Quiche and salad for lunch, DB went for a quick siesta and then to his bowls. Our friends arrived just after he had gone. Tea, scones and chat.

Very stiff today after spending time planting yesterday, a pain killer soon took care of that.

Not much to report today........................

2 comments:

  1. Some days its nice just to have several pleasant tasks planned like your baking, friends in for a visit, and not much else. Hope it was as relaxing for you as it seems and hope your aches have gone.

    It's warm here but the humidity isn't as high as yesterday so it's okay. I'm weary, but what is new about that?

    Oh, I did sew the final two sides of the first border on St. Paddy yesterday eve so am on to decisions about the next border: to have a narrow light border next, followed by the pieced Piano Key border of various greens, and then repeat the narrow light border ... or ... no idea if that doesn't work!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. . . . . . . and I just know you probably make the best scones in England Anne!

    Do you have a recipe and tips to share by chance please! Do you put anything in them, such as currants, or keep 'em plain? Of course mine still won't be that great with no real clotted cream to perch on my strawberry jam, sigh! Sometimes I ponder as to why I ever left Devon - especially when lovely thick, golden clotted cream comes to mind.

    Happy day - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.