Thursday, 18 May 2017

Thursday

Sun was shining when I got up, so towels in the washer and now almost dry on the line.

The BP monitor is driving me nuts, I am sure its not giving accurate readings as I cannot get it tight enough round my arm, I forgot the last reading until after 9am this morning, had just cleared out the cupboard in the hall, the reading was almost off the scale!! Will see whats its like over the weekend.

DB spent the morning in the garden weeding his veg beds. I did the Friday clean as we are out all day tomorrow, also prepped the sauce for Spag Bol for supper.  I had another go and getting the marks out of the sitting room carpet, one of the stains is really stubborn....I can still faintly see it.

Charged up the batteries for the camera, I always take a spare, got caught out in Paducah some years ago when my battery went down whilst we were at one of the show venues.

Sorted out the picnic stuff for tomorrow, K is making the picnic we are taking water etc for drinks. I might also take a ready mixed bottle of Elderflower cordial as well.

I don't know about you but I am really fed up with the hype over 'the wedding of the year' for heavens sake just because her sister married a Prince. At the end of the day she will never be in Kates position. I guess its a case of trying to outdo........ I will not be hogging the TV set to 'see the dress' etc on Saturday. In fact I hope it rains!!



5 comments:

  1. Perhaps DB needs to put the BP cuff around your arm so it's properly snug. AMIL was told to sit for 10 min. before taking her BP but also to note what she had been doing before sitting. I think I forgot to mention the sitting for 10 min. Oops!

    Hope you and K have a marvelous time at the quilt show tomorrow and that you get lots of delightful ideas to fuel your creativity for months to come! Are you looking for anything particular to purchase? Good thinking to take extra camera batteries with you.

    How have I missed that Kate's sister is getting married? You're right, how does the 1 degree of separation make that "the wedding of the year"?

    It's hot again today with the high 90*F but we due to have another lovely 10 days of cooler weather!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should stop reading the Daily Wail ! Enjoy your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm with you on this so called wedding of the year. Good luck to them but I won't be watching. I will check out the dress but that'll be it and that will be after the fact when I get a chance to sit down.

    As for your BP, I'm concerned about you. If your measurement is off the scale that is not good at all. It's dangerous. Can you perhaps buy a machine that fits your arm better? I know they come in all sizes. My hubby is a tall man with a big frame so he needs the biggest cuff size. My BP monitor won't fit his arm, he stretched it out. I bought both Omron monitors from Amazon.

    I'm currently taking care of a heart patient. Open heart surgery was 10 days ago and BP has to be monitored every 2 hours. The monitor goes up into the 200s so if this is what is happening to you, please get to a doctor and get this sorted. Stroke is a real risk and I don't want anything to happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BP is always high when taken with anything but an old fashioned manual monitor. My GP has said that the modern ones are less accurate and tend to give higher readings. I have had raised BP for 15 years ( since I was 37) and take 3 different medications for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your concern re my BP. I am on medication, but it obviously is not working as it should and I am on the maximum that my consultant recommended, so something needs to be done, and will be. I do know the risk of strokes etc having spent years nursing heart patients myself. I am not happy, and will be seeing the Dr again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.