Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Wednesday

Very grey morning and windy. I want to do the geranium cuttings . We have to go and collect the shears we left the other day to be sharpened.I want to do the geraniums cuttings this morning so they have a chance to start to rooting, they do not like hormone rooting powder so will just be slipped into compost with plastic bottles cut in half over the top. Either they grow or they don't.

Can I make one things very clear......... we have a joint bank account which pays the bills etc, each month we have pocket money, OH paid for the mower from this money.......I did not see why, as it was his fault, it should come out of the joint account. My pocket money is spent on my quilting.

He announced yesterday he was not going to argue any more, just express an opinion, so nothing has changed. He also realised that he could not cope on his own if he leaves or I leave, so the status quo exists. I am still feeling very down, but not saying anything, if he doesn't pick up on it then I will just have to carry on  regardless. One thing is for sure I am going to go my own way for a change and do my own thing. 

Mac and cheese tonight with salad. 

9 comments:

  1. One of the things i truly hate about this house is the fact that it has no windowsills , I grew up at my grans who had windows full of geraniums every summer something i sadly miss. Ive tried them in the garden but the wind destroys them everytime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hope you are feeling better, maybe now the trip to Brittany would be perfect. are you still going too be coming over in April?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny, We are not coming to Brittany, when Edwin was ill last year I realised that it would not be a good idea, I have no idea how he is going to be from day to day, so thought it best to cancel. I hope you manage to sell your house, had I been 20 years younger I would have been there by now........it was my dearest wish to live in France, however it was not to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. . . . . . . "do your own thing" sounds positive, but I do hope the two of you also get to enjoy nice times together also. Life is short and not always easy - those of us together many years know how relationships often include small (hopefully) battles, but often forget them and why they even started, then soldier on. There's nothing worse than spending our late years alone and lonely.

    Smile and know I'm smiling with you today Anne - hope the geraniums behave and you end up with beautiful plants - with your 'green thumb' I'm sure you will.

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound in better spirits, good. Hope your geraniums are successful, I am sure they will be you both have very green fingers. a BIT cheeky here, you couldn't possibly post some pics of your cuttings ( I know less than nothing about gardening)so I might get an idea of where I need to cut them. x

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, it was an accident, Sweet Blondie. I'm sure he didn't mean to cut the cable and therefore perhaps you might like to reconsider and that this money should come out of the household money? Had he gone out and bought beer, or gone to the betting shop and lost money, then yes, that would be sensible to take it from his pocket money, but perhaps not something which was the result of a genuine accident? But you and I will have to agree to differ on this. Husband and I work together on all things, and we certainly wouldn't fall out over the result of an accident. I'd be only too pleased that the outcome wasn't worse, i.e. one very dead, electrocuted husband.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might deem it an accident, I do not, he was not concentrating on what he was doing. I had previously had to move the cable out of his way, he is just not safe around anything electrical.

      Delete
  6. "Am glad things are smoothing out and I hope a peaceful truce is ongoing.

    You make me want to try to root geraniums. Do you know if begonias can be rooted this way?
    Big hugs!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara for your comment. Begonias usually grow from a corm, so they will not grow from cuttings.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.