Thursday, 6 April 2017

Thursday

Another bright day, I went off to get my haircut. Once back tea made, we drank it sitting in the garden.

I have tied in the clematis at the top of the garden and also planted a rose I was given up there. several of the clematis have buds forming, so hopefully we will have a bit of a show this year Thats me for today, it took me ages to dig out the clay for the rose to go in.

Nothing of any interest going on, the chap did not come last night to finish off the gate, he is coming tonight, I will ask him about the patio in the garden, hope it is not too expensive.

DB was 'messing about' in the garden, he plans to cut the back lawn after he has had his siesta.

Pork and bean casserole for supper, mashed potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli for supper.

I am sad, I had an azalea that a friend gave me many years ago, we always called it Edna's azalea, it was fantastic and bloomed every year. I looked at it yesterday and it appears to have died. I will leave it for a while, just in case.




This was it in bloom last year.


1 comment:

  1. You did get a workout today so it's good you stopped to have a nice well deserved rest.

    I learned from a gardening friend that he pops the bottoms out of short but wide plastic bins so he can bury those bottomless bins in his garden beds up to their rims. He has dug the right size holes for each to go into and fills them lined holes with good soil for planting. He manages flowers and even shrubs this way and has defeated his bad garden soil. Perhaps this would work in your clay garden beds?

    Stormy weather here and we'll have a few cooler days.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.