Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Wednesday

I might have known, 6am this morning DB was complaining his stomach was burning, he has only taken 2 of the tablets....heaven help me!!  He has not taken any more, this is just getting ridiculous. Its getting to the stage where he just cannot take any antibiotics. I told him to tell the dentist he wanted the rest of his teeth out and dentures, mind you, he would find something to moan about with them. He has to go in at 4.50 to see the dentist.

It was wet first thing, but cleared up, DB washed the car and then did some work at the top of the garden.I prepped a cheese, potato and onion pie for tonight and also cooked the beef for tomorrow, going to do a meat and spud pie. Have enough meat to freeze for a second supper.

I have managed to do some more of the sewing down of the binding on the baby mat, no sign of the baby yet.....she will be a week overdue tomorrow.

I had a message from one of my younger sons old workmates, I had sent him a message for his birthday. Like us he and his family miss Nick desperately. I still find it difficult to believe that he will not walk in the door.


2 comments:

  1. Well, bother about DB's tooth misery and now antibiotic misery. Perhaps if he had some bland food before taking the pills that would give them something to land on and perhaps end the burning. Hours after the pills have been swallowed, it would probably be okay for him to take Tums or other tummy soother.

    Well done on getting back to dinner prep early and then some sewing time. Am glad you're feeling better!

    Yes, I share your experience in the constant quiet sadness of missing Nick and then sudden intense sadness. He was a wonderful, kind, compassionate, talented man and a son to be proud of forever. Big hugs, my friend.

    Yesterday I cut the fabrics for the St. Patrick's Day wall quilt I'm making. Now I need to turn some bits into HSTs and some bits into QSTs for this 16" star block.

    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to take longer than these 15 months Anne - he was such a good lad, it's only natural you feel the way you do - that infection isn't helping you at the moment - it must be making you feel really low in yourself - take care of yourself and try to rest up when you can - hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.