Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Tuesday

Another misty morning. DB finished laying down the weed suppressant for the paths in the veg garden. I managed to sort out the ironing and also started pinning DB's gilet together. Once I get going it will not take me long to make it. Not too happy about it having a collar, but will see how I get on.

I have been looking at tutorials about making fabric boxes, looking for ideas for the fair. I found a couple of really good ones on You Tube.

Took the remainder of the meat off the lamb shoulder, we will have jacket spuds and tomato and celery salad with it for supper tonight. I also put some soup mix in soak, will make a pot of scotch broth tomorrow.

DB went for his siesta, I put the foot rest up on mynew chair and read for a while.

Our neighbours son and DIL have started their journey back to South Africa, I have promised to go over tomorrow and check how they are. B had an operation on her leg last week, so she will not be very mobile just yet.

I was pleased to see the two photos last night of DJ with his quilt. He looked very comfortable. We are hoping to go over and see him one day next week. I need to go to Aldi shopping and there is a shop near where they live. Just need to do a freezer audit and see what I need to get.

It started off misty this morning, the sun peeped through just after lunch, but the mist seems to be forming again now, it was a bit warmer today, the wind has dropped.

We have the workmen from the council here tomorrow, the gate post needs replacing and the electrician is coming to look at the solar panels, so an early start for us.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you and DB accomplished a lot today and that some time for a snooze or rest/read in a wonderful new chair was well deserved!

    Do please take your camera when you go to visit DJ and family! A 4 generation photo should be taken while you're there.

    We had rain overnight and a sprinkle this morning. Just now there is thunder but it remains to be seen if we get any more rain. I raked some dead leaves out of two flowerbeds until my back told me to stop.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.