Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Tuesday

Not a good night, DB swallowed funny and started coughing, lasted for over half an hour, he fell asleep but was coughing in his sleep, so I did not get much sleep at all.

After breakfast we set off to Bingham to return the library books and go to Aldi. I needed fresh fruit and veg and also the Aldi cheese which I like, I bought 2 large pieces which are in the freezer.

Going along the lanes there are signs of spring everywhere, lots of daffodils on the verges, hedges starting to burst into leaf and the birds are building high in the trees. My grandmother said that was a sign of a good summer....well we can live in hope. Not many lambs in the fields, its a bit early yet, but soon there will be lots of them about.

After lunch DB went for his siesta, we were waiting for the workmen to come and sort the front door handle and also the guttering at the back. Chap arrived just after 3pm, both obs done and he was away.

DB cut the back grass, and was doing one or two jobs in the garden, I was messing about in the sewing room with a scissor holder. I am not happy with the machine, it keeps missing stitches. I have had this problem before with it, will have to change the needle in the mean time have a load of stitching to undo.

Sausage casserole for supper with spuds carrots and brussels.

It was dullish this morning but a breeze, I got the towels dry outside, late this afternoon the sun came out and it looks like being a pleasant end to the day. Just another couple of weeks and we will be putting the clocks forward, lighter nights, here we come and hopefully warmer days.

1 comment:

  1. What a bother that you didn't sleep well last night. It seems your energy lasted through the day and you accomplished a lot anyway. Hope you sleep restfully tonight and have sweet dreams.

    Isn't it annoying when your lovely sewing machine fails to sew evenly and neatly. Hope changing the needle fixes the problem.

    You might consider making several over-the-chair-arm caddies for the late autumn Fair as they go together quickly, don't use much fabric, are easy to machine quilt a little, and are useful.

    The blizzard affecting much of the northeast missed us by about 50 miles but we got some sleet, ice, rain, and wind. The high today is forecast to be 50*F but it still feels much colder.

    This morning I cut a different green fabric to use in place of the deep green with white swirls fabric. I love the swirl fabric but it was too close in shade and color to the shamrock fabric. The swirl fabric will appear in a piano key border - I think!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.