Saturday, 25 February 2017

Saturday

I dropped down the medication last night to 5mgs. Have been a bit better today. Did manage to get into Lidl for some shopping. The car park is being extended, so there was quite a fight going on for spaces. Back into bed once I got home.

Crusty bacon and sauce roll for lunch with a few grapes. I seem to  have been craving salt, I bought salted crisps, one packet down.

The bungalow across from us lost coping stones in the wind, the builders were there this morning replacing them and putting extra grout on the rest.

We had rain this afternoon, but it is fine now.

I bought a couple of individual lasagna in Lidl, plan to have them tonight for supper, a taste test if you like. The brochure from WFF arrived today, I plan to buy 2 or three to try them, they will be a standby if either Iam in hospital or DB needs a cooked meal. They do have some reasonable priced ones which we will try first.

Here's to me feeling better tomorrow...............we have melon for breakfast for a change.


5 comments:

  1. I always keep half a dozen Wiltshire farm foods in the freezer. They are useful to have, and my husband likes them. Plenty of choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am glad you're feeling a bit better today and were able to get to Lidl for the needed shopping.

    Hope the lower dose of your medicine will have you feeling right as rain soon. I do wonder if cutting the pill in half and taking the divided doses hours apart would help you feel even better? Could the chemist be asked if that might help you as it helped AMIL?

    May I ask what WFF is?

    Good idea to have some frozen meals on standby for times they'd be helpful. Hope the frozen lasagna is yummy. Would you serve it with a tossed salad and perhaps a slice of Italian or French bread? That's what we have with our lasagna.

    The wind is kicking up here and we've a good chance of storms this arvo.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well to get out this morning. Glad you feel a tiny bit better.

    "I seem to be craving salt" might be worth a mention to your doctor. My hubby was told by his cardiologist "low salt/low fat for a healthy heart". I hope you continue to get stronger and back to your old self. All the best.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mum has been having WFF meals for years - she enjoys and finishes them all. The delivery person comes into her unit and puts them into the freezer for her - so easy for her. Audrey from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are a little better; we all need some sun and softer weather. Wiltshire farm foods do a really good range of meals, we used to have them but I am able to cook again. I especially like the less salt and sugar ones. They taste good and there is plenty on the plate. It is an excellent stand by for when you either cannot or do not want to cook. My mother always said that the time it takes to consider, prepare and cook a meal against the time it takes to eat one should be the other way round, I do agree. Hope you keep well, love to you both, Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.