Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr its cold

A very heavy overnight frost, it did not really ease until after lunch, it was blooming cold outside. The sky is blue and the sun shining, but its still cold.

Well I have appliqued the pieces onto the playmat, thats all I have done, the wretched thread kept breaking, in the end I undid it and used cotton. There were times it came very close to going out of the window. Its layered up ready to quilt, but it can wait till another day. I also put another patch on my ironing board, ironed and aired yesterdays bed linen.

Think we might go to Melton tomorrow, I am out of fruit and mustard, DB has been having mustard sauce quite a bit lately.

I have just finished reading a book about a families search for survivors of the Holocaust, along with the other book I read about survivors of the camps in Japan during the second world war. Although fiction, they are both based on fact, very difficult reading in places. I found them a very compelling read.

Last night was a good night on TV for a change, we have been watching The Halcyon. Its the last part next week, intriguing trying to work out what is going to happen and if there will be another series. We also watched Island Parish based on Anguilla. They are still showing Nigel Farrell as the idea behind the series.....he has been dead for a number of years. We knew him when we lived in Hampshire, his pal Nippi had the local post office and general store in Bentley. At that time he had a series based on life in the village.

Sausage, mash and baked beans tonight, the remains of the rhubarb sponge for dessert.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, what a bother that your thread kept breaking! I know what a hassle it is when stitches don't behave and sewing becomes a headache instead of a pleasure. Am glad you didn't chuck the whole thing into the bin and I look forward to seeing a photo in due time. Ta!

    You did make good use of the miserable day outside and your sweet cozy home inside. It's cold here, too, but is forecast to warm to the low 50s*F. So far, you cannot prove it by me. I am cold!

    I need to sew binding onto my small project but am dithering instead of sewing.

    Happy Valentine's Day, sweet friend!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see a photo of the playmat when you have it finished. I would really like to make one for my Great Grandson due in July, but wouldn't have a clue where to start, any tutorial would be so welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.