Sunday, 12 February 2017

Another Nasty Day

Our usual Sunday breakfast in bed. The sight that greeted us when I drew the curtains was not pleasant, fog, rain and grey lowering skies.

I had put a small load of laundry in, had to dry it in the dryer, not a chance of getting it dry outside.

Supper prepped, pork, roasties, roast celariac, carrots and cauliflower. I defrosted some rhubarb and put a sponge mix on the top of it for dessert, it will do us a couple of days.

DB went for his siesta, I lit the fire and read.

Afternoon tea in the process of being made, tea and hot cross bun.

I have decided to turn the double duvet into a roll cushion for the back of the day bed. Will have to have a trawl round to see if I can find a patterned sheet in the charity shops when I am next in town. I want something I can wash. I could may be use any extra fabric for pillow covers.

We are clear of hospital visits for a while now, so apart from going to see my quilting friend, no long car journey's. I might be able to keep the fuel consumption a bit more under control. DB has a call from the balance people in a couple of weeks to see how he is responding to the exercises and cutting back on the medication.


3 comments:

  1. Your supper sounds good.

    Would be interested to hear more about the exercises DB does. It is amazing how you can retrain the brain. The patient must work at it. There are no short cuts. Balance problems are awful.

    SandyExpat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly made good use of a dreary day and I love your idea of turning the double duvet cover into a bolster for the back of the day bed. Wishing you well in finding a suitable sheet at the charity shop.

    Some of the lovely pillows you've made over the years would look nice in front of the bolster. Have you kept any of those pretty pillows? If not, you can make more!

    Your dinner menu sounds yummy, as usual.

    It's nearly 80*F here and, other than some cold nights, out 10 day forecast is that we'll have many warm days. Odd for February.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would the duvet be better as a folded back-cushion, rather than a roll, which might take up too much seat? And how is your DB getting on with his cookery training?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.