Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Tuesday

A dry morning so the towels were on the line before we went out. They could not find anything wrong with DB's swallow, so I guess I just have to put up and shut up!!

I unpacked the second chest to find one bit had a piece missing and the bottom drawer was broken, the air was deep purple.....I have to go into Melton again on Thursday I will be taking the drawer back. We can park at Lidl and just walk down to Argos, I need to get fresh fruit, so a quick nip into Aldi as well.

We have emptied quite a few plastic boxes of fabric into the second chest, also two boxes of threads. I do have some complete reels of cotton, I might put them on ebay and see if I can get rid of them, they are the remnants of trips to the US. I know I am never going to use them up.


DB has gone for his siesta, he slept better last night with the heavier duvet on.

I have cooked some salmon for supper. DB has elected to have potatoes and green peas with it, so I will make a sauce from the liquor I marinaded it in.

I am planning to finish sorting the sewing room, just having a wee rest and I will go in and sort out whats left. The table is piled with various bits of stuff, I need to sort  it out and find somewhere for it, There is also the bed linen which needs ironing, apart from DB's occasional shirt, bed linen and table linen is all I iron these days. I can remember in long past days I used to iron towels and nappies and polish the toilet seat!!!

DB will help me move the two freezers. I have the side bits to the bed, so the top one can go in place, we can stand the back against the wall till we are able to get round to putting it together. both R & J are going with me to collect it, so I will just have to navigate.

One of the freezers is now in the kitchen, just could not squeeze it in. Still quite a bit of clearing up to do, may not get it done before the rest of the bed arrives, hey ho.........


1 comment:

  1. Am glad to hear you're having a pretty day when the towels can dry on the line outside.

    When AMIL had that first stroke and went to PT, her liquids were thickened slightly with some powder and that made it easier to swallow without choking. AMIL found it unpleasant to drink thickened water.

    Bother that this second chest of drawers is missing a piece and that one drawer is cracked. What happened to quality control???

    I can just imagine your delight when the new bed is in its place in your sewing room. Will you tuck storage boxes underneath it, hidden in decorated boxes or a bed skirt?

    Well done to achieve all you've done today and am glad you wisely chose to sit a while to rest.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.