Sunday, 29 January 2017

Sunday

It was frosty when we went out to the car, so we had to scrape the windscreen etc before we set off. The sun was shining in the vale but once we got to the top of the hill it was freezing fog, so a slower trip till we got to the main road.

SIL & BIL had just arrived for breakfast, so our timing was good. We enjoyed a full english breakfast, DB had black puddin', no me. 

We sat and chatted for over an hour, it was getting close to the time for the tables to be reset for lunch. We said our goodbyes and set off for the new home of the Fabric Warehouse. I manged to spend £35, had already filled the car with £30 of diesel.

Coming home we called to DD2's she had been at my grand daughters baby shower yesterday, they had a good time, apparently the baby will be able to change clothes 3 times a day till he is 2!!

Home DB went for a short siesta, I got my book, lit the fire and settled down for an hours reading.

We had rain most of the way home and its is still very dark and overcast. I put bath towels in the washer when we went out, will put them in the dryer for a bit and finish them off on the airer.

Pork steaks for supper, I prepped the veg before we went out, so just have it to cook, good night on TV tonight so we will be eating a bit earlier. We did not need anything else to eat after our breakfast.

I had a very nice note from the lady that has bought my little sewing machine, she said her friend who collected it wished she had bought it...... it will be at its new home later this afternoon.

I need to get myself together DD1 is coming on Tuesday to do some jobs, I need to turn up the bathroom curtains before she comes, then they can be put back up. I also need to have a consultation with her about the curtains on the sitting room......so need to hang them up for the creases to drop out. I am not sure if DGD is coming with her, if she does I will have to hide the play mat until she has gone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear that you and DB had a nice visit with his sister and BIL despite the messy weather you encountered. How nice that you could visit with DD2 while en route home!

    It's always a delight when someone writes a note of thanks to you. :)

    How wonderful that DD1 is coming to visit and the help out. Yes, you need to hide the play mat just in case!

    Stay cozy!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.