Thursday, 12 January 2017

Snow, I don't think so

We were forecast snow for today, it has not arrived......forecast changed last night. Apparently it has snowed as far down as Durham.

DB did not have his siesta yesterday, we were ages at the opticians and then I needed to go shopping, in case it snowed, so he was worn out last night, fell asleep more or less straight away, so a peaceful night for me too. After 3 mornings of feeling really ropey, I do not feel so bad this morning, mind you I am still in bed!!! Will see how I feel when I get up.

We had a measure up in the sewing room yesterday, DB decided I could not get the day bed in. Last night I went back with the measure and by turning the two freezers round on the window wall I could get in the length, it was just the width, inspiration struck, re purpose one of the shelf units into the airing cupboard and get another of the drawer sets from Argos, I will free up several plastic boxes that have fat quarters in which we can use for other things. I will mark the drawers so, I know what's in each drawer. The top of the drawers will act as a bedside cabinet with a lamp on.

Moving the tables round will also mean that I can cut in the light from the window as well as sew. I will have less room to cut out but I have managed with less before, I can do it again. The table in the kitchen can always be used if  it's a big project.


My sewing room. The two freezers are going to be turned sideways, the tables moved over to stand next to the freezers.


The table the machine is on will be folded up, the small table will go over the dryer and the embroidery machine on the tableThe sewing machine will go on the larger table.

I just need to sort out what I need as far as a day bed goes, If I am going to sleep on it I need a decent mattress.

I have to take our electric blanket off and send it to be serviced, it will be back to 'hotties' for a couple of weeks.

Mixed veg frittata for supper tonight with salad, nice and simple. Will prep it ahead of time, so I just have to start the frittata off  before putting it in the oven.

6 comments:

  1. I had a simliar problem last year and we bought a cabin bed from I**A. It has a good mattress but more importantly, I use the two large drawers to store fabric. Just an idea that worked for us. Catriona (in slightly snowy but very sunny Scotland)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant ideas for fitting that bed into your sewing room! How marvelous that your shelf unit will fit inside the airing cupboard and that your other left-over storage containers can be put to other uses. I hope you find just the right bed for your needs with a good mattress, at a good price, and soon!

    Our snow is gone and today's high will be near 70*F so am off to the grocery and library. Christmas things may actually get put back into their storage places at last, too. Later, there is another quiche to make next door. It will be a tiring day.

    Your dinner plans sound yummy!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you have found a way to fit a bed in your sewing room. You will not regret it and you will have peace of mind knowing that when DB is keeping you awake you have a nice comfortable place to sleep.

    We are forecast a ice storm starting tomorrow morning and lasting thru Sunday. Just need to get more milk and we are o.k. for supplies. Fingers crossed that we don't lose electrical power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta for the photos!!

    I meant to say in my previous comment that maybe DB would get to sleep more quickly and easily if he does without the afternoon nap. That is how it worked for him yesterday and last night, so ... perhaps?

    Am back from the library and sweet DH says he'll do the grocery run. Nice!

    More hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Searching for countryside blogs I find your blog title somewhat misleading. Where are the meadows, animals, even a glimpse of sky? Where is the fresh air, the beauty that is the countryside?

    Perhaps with your daily repetitive tales of cleaning, cooking, sewing and visits to library, shops, doctors surgeries and hospitals a more apt title would be My Life in Suburbia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, thank you for your comment. Had you taken the trouble to read back in my blog you would see that we live in a small village. I do write about the countryside, in fact earlier this week I commented on the fact that there were signs of Spring despite the weather. If you are bored by my blog, then please do not read it, find someone else to critisise.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all.