Monday, 30 January 2017

Murky Monday

Not a nice morning, its very grey although no rain so far, I changed the bed linen its washed and have part dried it, rolled everything up to keep it damp until tomorrow. Bathroom curtains have been taken down, I need to turn them up a bit, going to put a double hem on so should hang a bit  better. Hopefully DD1 will put them back up whilst she is here tomorrow.

The lady who bought the Elna machine is delighted with it. She has got a bargain.

My friend P called round to thank me for getting her glasses to her last week whilst she was ill. She had been into the shop to thank DD2, the reply was 'well mum is happy to do anything she can to help' true but she does volunteer me for some real rank jobs at times, like when she told the organiser of a show that was being put on at Church, Oh, my mum will make the girls dresses!! landed me with 14 dresses to make. Fortunately they were empire line, so I just needed to measure and alter the tops a bit, the skirts were just straight. I was able to use fabric from the market, got a discount when I told them what the fabric was for. I had a grand time rummaging through the fabric on the stall.

Supper tonight roast lamb from the freezer, DB said he would like a roast dinner, his word is my command. 

Feeling much better this week, have not got my full mojo back, doubt I ever will, but I am managing better.

DB had gone for his siesta, I am going through to press up the hem and sew it on the bathroom curtains. I also have 2 pairs of curtains that need a sight press as well. Once I have dome them its sit down for the rest of the afternoon apart from cooking the supper.

Now I am not so tired I need to have a serious talk with DB......he does need to step up to the mark a bit more, he does not know it yet but he is getting a baptism of fire tomorrow, if he does not cook it there will be so supper tomorrow night!!

5 comments:

  1. Well done on hemming a pressing those curtains! It will be good to have Dd1's help tomorrow.

    Goodness! 14 dresses?????? You're kinder than I am as I might have agreed to half that number - maybe.

    How marvelous that you're feeling more energetic! I know what you mean about having to get used to doing less and being satisfied with yourself. That's me and lupus fatigue. It's annoying, but what can you do about it?

    Hope I can get my sewing mojo back. It's gone away somewhere.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself. Take care.....Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend's wife thinks nothing of volunteering anyone, especially her husband, for all kinds of things for other people. At times, it is really irritating. I think that is one reason he has become a procrastinator. I am waiting for her to volunteer me to quilt something for someone. I guess we all are the "somebody" who should do whatever. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, forgot to wish you and DB well with tomorrow night's dinner and hope there are leftovers that will be yummy if a fall-back dinner is needed. Waiting to hear how it turns out! :)

    More hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.