Friday, 20 January 2017

Friday

We were just watching Pointless when the door bell rang. It was D he had been home for a cup of tea and then come out to us. It did not take him long to put the day bed together. He would not accept anything. It is unusual in this day and age when everyone is so money minded.

I made the bed up early in the evening between watching TV programmes, so this morning, once I got my body out of bed, I sorted the rest of the stuff and put it away. I ironed the bed linen from Monday so once its aired it too will go away.


No Friday clean done, will do it tomorrow along with the kitchen.





Looking into the room from the door.


Looking back towards the sewing machines.


The day bed


Towards the back of the room, the freezer in its new position with the bookcase moved into the corner and the new set of plastic drawers, the cutting table is in the middle of the floor. It may not stay there, will see how I get on with it there. It gived me the full table to cut on rather than having half of it covered with my sewing machine.


The machine is still on its table, if I do find that the arrangement is too restrictive I will have to move the cutting table over and use the machine on that. The table is a horn hideaway, it collapses right down for storage, the small unit at the side was in the kitchen, it has been replaces by the small freezer.

We had a very hard frost, but it is a wonderfully bright clear day. DB was out doing odd jobs in the garden sweeping up leaves etc and also chopping some more wood for the fire.






7 comments:

  1. It was so kind of D to come today so you didn't have to wait until next week to get the bed put together.

    After your hard work, how wonderful to have the sewing room set up in its new configuration that you'll enjoy on those nights when you need peace and quiet to sleep. Will the sewing machine move to the cutting table when you're ready to sew? You might need a night light so you don't bump into anything if you need to get up for any reason while it's dark.

    We're in for several hours of hard rain, so I need to take a couple of envelops to the mailbox right now.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Room is looking good, it appears to give you lots of space to move around in. Hope it is working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is an excellent use of space. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Room looks good. Love the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking really good Anne - that day bed is bigger than I thought it would be - oh and the dresden plate block on the cutting table looks brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dresden plate was made in Christmas fabric originally for the quilt class, I made that one to demonstrate that you could use any fabric to make a table centre. I am about to finish it for the friends who collected the back and mattress of the day bed.

      Delete
  6. The room looks great...it's so important to get proper rest...I hope

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.