Saturday, 2 July 2016

A slow day today

DB was awake early so brought me my breakfast. He then went out and started weeding the herbaceous bed.

Once I managed to get out of bed I prepped tonights supper and also the melon for tomorrow morning.

When DB came in from the garden one of the lenses had fallen out of his glasses again, so after his siesta we went into town. I wanted to go to Boyes for a couple of things whilst he went to see DD2 and get his glasses repaired.

We have had several sharp showers today, one just at lunch time. We decided not to go to the school fete, did not want to get wet and we needed to get into town early. It rained again whilst we were in town.

Back home it was afternoon tea with a slice of lemon drizzle cake. We have ham salad for supper with a boiling of our own potato's. DB dug 2 shaws, the potatos were quite small, no problem 10 minutes and they will be cooked. 

We are still picking strawberries in the garden so strawberries and cream for dessert.

I had half an hour in the sewing room, cut out and part made another zipper bag. I have a folder I put all the things the group do in, so I have a reference to what we have done. I also need to sort out a couple more projects to take us through to the end of the year.

I had a newsletter yesterday from the quilting fabric store we use, they are moving. Going to sell off all the stock in the present warehouse before they move. I have had a fabric embargo on for almost 2 years now. I might just break it and get some cut priced fabric, I am running a bit short of some fabric. I will also need to source some wadding the roll I bought is nearly done. I must say the move is really long overdue, the warehouse is very busy on the days it is open. If you go in the week it is difficult to park, Sunday is not so bad, it can be chaos if there is a coach party in especially at the till.

My quilting friend spent an hour yesterday teaching me how to start off a  crochet square......I have bought some cheap yarn, will see how I get on. Do not hold your breath.........




1 comment:

  1. You and DB certainly accomplished a lot today despite the rain. Am glad his glasses could be fixed promptly.

    How marvelous that your garden veggies and fruits are already providing you with good food.

    Happy fabric shopping! Perhaps you might need some threads, too, as they're usually pricey these days so finding them on clearance sale would be lovely.

    I hope to finish putting quilt clips around the star quilt today.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.