Wednesday, 1 June 2016

More than a little rain - again

Very dull and overcast when we got up, by the time we were ready to go out it had dried up, but boy was it cold, back to winter weather on 1st June.

We walked round to the chapel for coffee, not many of us there this morning, I guess the weather put them off. We came away early, wanted an early lunch so DB could have his siesta and we could go to B & Q for compost.

I dropped DB at the barbers to get a hair cut, I carried on to Morrisons where once again I fell heavily for an acer palmatum, It fell off the shelf into my bag. Just could not get it to go back on the shelf, it was firmly stuck to the bottom of the basket. Well thats my story and I am sticking to it.

We also called at Lidl for bread flour, Aldi did not have any last week.

We stopped in the village on the way back to pick up the TV magazine, the heavens opened and it slung it down, but by the time we got back to the bungalow it had stopped again.

It was so cold yesterday I lit the fire, have laid it again today, will see how cold it is after supper.

I have been doing a lot of research on the net just now, various things I need to tie up.

The things I thought might be plants in the front are not they are weeds, so they will be going in the next couple of days, there are a couple of aquilegia seedlings I will dig out and plant pot up. Next doors clematis is about a foot above the fence, so I have wound it through the links on the fence, it can grow along there.

Sausage, wedges and beans for supper, I got some more strawberries so may have them with some ice cream for dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Well done to accomplish so many little tasks on such a cold, wet day! I hear you on that acer palmatum choosing to come home with you as it could see or sense that you and DB have green thumbs and a love of plants. What color is it? May it grow to have a long and beautiful life.

    I need to get outside in the cool of the mornings to do lots of weeding here. All that rain we've had has proven what are weeds and what are not weeds.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.