Friday, 3 June 2016

Brrrrrr

cold again but not quite as cold as yesterday. Have laid the fire for later on.

Friday clean done, I spent half an hour or so in the garden weeding, I have plants which need to be put in, managed to get one in. Despite the rain the soil is very dry.

DB was working on the veg beds putting sweet corn in, there are lettuces to go in as well, might have another go at the weeds after DB gets up from his siesta.

Nothing much going on, very quiet just now, DD2 is having to work extra this two weeks, they still have not got a manager and the other assistant is at uni for two weeks. Guess it will be another couple of weeks before we get to see her again.

We are considering our 2017 holiday, we have a place in mind, fingers crossed it comes off.

I have spent an hour and a half in the garden weeding again this afternoon, now I really am crackered, my back thinks I have forgotten it belongs to me. I really do need to get things with the quilting group that I do not have to spend so much time sorting projects for them and can spend more time in the garden, the herbaceous border was really bad and the soil is so clayey, I have had to plant most of the plants in compost. despite the horse manure the ground is still solid and in places you would never think the soil is actually dry!!

I still have to re pot the azalea, I just could not do any more this afternoon.



3 comments:

  1. It's been sunny and warm here in Torbay - but then, this is the English Riviera, hence we don't need to go on holiday, we live in one of the loveliest places in the UK (well, I think we do!) But good luck with whatever holiday you are planning. We would rather spend on something for our home than go away, we must be very unusual, but we'd never go without things all year just for two weeks somewhere abroad - t'aint worf it! Thank goodness we're all different otherwise the tourist industry would collapse overnight!
    Have a jolly weekend,
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my highest hopes that your plans for the 2017 holiday work out more perfectly than you dream possible!

    Well done in all that's been accomplished in the garden and the thoughts about the quilting group's projects. Hope you're comfy and cozy, have your feet up, and a glass of wine at your side for the evening's rest.

    It's hot and humid here with a high likelihood of thunderstorms late this arvo and tonight.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning a holiday next year too to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. I hope we go somewhere exciting ... and you do too.
    Gardening is not something I like to do... good on you for doing it though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.