Monday, 6 June 2016

Another Glorious Day

Its fabulous, not quite as hot as yesterday, there is a bit more breeze, but hot enough.

Bed changed,linen washed and dried. Have also done the towels, just put them out. Monday clean done, also pushed the Dyson over the sitting room floor, bits of grass.

DB finished weeding the herbaceous border for me, he has also used cut up old compost bags under the strawberries to stop the fruit getting dirty as it ripens. We have nets over them as well, keep the birds off. Looking forward to some nice jucy strawberries later in the week. DB watered the veg garden last night, I am going to have to water the border, it is showing signs of drought. It was well after 8pm last night before it cooled down enough.

Phoned my quilting friend, we are going over to see her on Friday after lunch, we are out to supper as well, its the fish and chip supper at the bowls club.

We had morning tea and lunch outside, I had to come in I could feel the sun burning my arms again, more factor 50 on.

Library bus is due this afternoon, so we can get new books to read, it comes once a month on the first Monday of the month. Once the van has been and we have had our afternoon cup of tea, I am shutting myself in the sewing room, I want to finish the bag, just have to sew it together and box the corners and its finished.

Sliced the chicken for tonights supper and made the salad, its in the fridge, there is a bit of crumble left to finish off.

Update:

Just finished a reversible bag to carry an 18 x 24 cutting mat. It has pockets on both sides.

Right side




Inside out.

2 comments:

  1. I love your bag, you are so clever!
    Wanted also to say that I really liked the photo's of you and your husband on your previous post.
    So nice to see you both.
    I read every post and look forward each day to hearing your news.
    Enjoy your good weather.
    Pam in Texas.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful to have lovely weather for laundry, for al fresco dining, and to warm the fruits and veggies growing in your garden. SPF 50 sounds good for your skin, too.

    Love your reversible bag and the fabrics you chose! Applause, applause!!

    It's hot here, nearly 90*F and I'm not feeling very up to snuff so am taking it easy.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.