Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Its raining, its pouring......,

Up and off to the market for plants. celeriac, celery, leeks and sweetcorn. I bought 2 delphiniums and a lupin.

Into Lidl and got everything on my list. In Morrison 2 more plants jumped into my basket. A Montana Rubens clematis and a climbing hydrangea.

After lunch DB went for his siesta, I sorted out the tea......


Best China out.


Scones with strawberry jam and cream, Lemon drizzle cake,

The door bell went, the chap to sort out the coal shed, we now have guttering along the back.

Bell again, our friends, rather wet, but soon sitting on the settee with a cup of tea and cream scones. We spent a very pleasant hour talking about various things.

It has rained all day so the garden has had a good soaking, it needed it, we are due rain till the weekend.....so I guess it will be Sunday before the plants get put in.

Needless to say supper will be late tonight, if we have any. I might just do the chicken sliced with a simple salad.

Quiet day tomorrow, I might just not get up until after breakfast.



2 comments:

  1. Oh that food looks delicious ... but here in Devon it's always cream on first, topped by jam. The way I remember this is that the cream is a substitute (what a substitute, too!) for butter! In Cornwall they put the jam on first then dollop on the cream.
    We had a climbing hydrangea in our previous home, 31 years ago. I really must get another as they're a lovely plant. As for lupins, they are my absolute favourite herbaceous plant, love their tall spires, but can we get them to grow? They simply disappear ... I blame slugs and snails, but there's not a trace of them left, not a trace! We do all we can, grit around then, tried growing them in pots, but they disappear. There must be a phantom lupin snatcher at large, that's what I say.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a lovely time. I am in the midst of taking apart my wall to wall closet and installing new rods. What a mess. As soon as we get a stud finder, we can install the rods and shelves and my clothes and quilts can be put away. Piles all over and worse than moving. Ana USA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.