Friday, 30 October 2015

Read the Daily Mail today Re LRI.

I discovered tonight that DB was taken in to A & E, the attendants with him were told to take him back out to the ambulance, where he was forced to wait for over an hour before he was taken back into the department.

He also told me it was after midnight before he was put in a bed in the ward, he had been shunted into a ?side ward on the trolley and left there. So  it was 7 hours before he got a bed and after 2am befor he got to sleep, he had to go through everything that had happened again for the houseman despite having told the Dr in A & E what had happened.

He is still waiting to be moved, they  have promised to ring me when he is moved, whats the betting they don't?


  1. So sorry not to have commented on this before but I am just back from Norfolk today, where I was without much internet, and what I had was dodgy so I didn't get round many blogs this week. Catching up on the news, thinking of you both and praying that some one can work out what is going on with DB in all of this. Know first hand, as you know, how frustrating it can be to deal with hospitals, where the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is getting on with, and communication can be a real issue. Sending much love to you both xxx

  2. Having worked for the NHS for over thirty years I can only give you one piece of advice. Complain, complain, complain, threaten them with everything especially the local paper, I would imagine there is one. Do not worry about DB as they would not, could not take anything out on him. Most of the time it is not the fault of the staff, they are really pushed, but management can be useless, they like their jobs and the pay, so go for the jugular. They all hate adverse criticism as it puts a spot light on them. Be fearless, and carry out anything that you threaten. DB has worked all his life for the care he should now be receiving. I type the truth. Much love, Andie xxx

  3. How outrageous! How does the staff think they can tell what happened when DB wasn't checked for over an hour? Was he monitored while back in the ambulance? That would be of some help but what if someone else needed the help of the ambulance during that time? When I worked ER in the US, if we were swamped and had no room, we could sent patents to other hospital ERs so they could get prompt treatment but we could never tie up an ambulance and the parametics by leaving a patient in the vehicle.

    Hope today is better in every way.

    Big hugs to you, wishing DB well, prayers for all continue.


Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.