Saturday, 2 August 2014


Very late posting today. We were not too early getting up. I decided to do the pile of ironing that has been sitting looking at me for days.

DB went off to play bowls and DS2 arrived. We sat for a while drinking tea, eating cake and chatting. He needed to talk about the events of the last couple of weeks, I was only too happy to listen.

Eventually the new medicine cabinet got made up and put on the bathroom wall, so all the medication can now get put away. The curtain rial fixed, tooth mug and towel holder put on the wall and the mirror on the wall at the top of the stairs.

Then we moved downstairs. Top put on the chest, light fitting changed, chicken hooks and the painted unit put on the wall, the last job was putting up the hangers for the hanging baskets.

By this time DB had come in, changed and was able to oversee the hanging baskets put up.

Numerous cups of tea were drunk and DS2 left to travel back to Corby just before 8pm. He was suffering with a bad back, he had been sleeping in a camp bed at the weekend and it did not suit his back. He said it was not as bad as it had been earlier in the week.

We are so grateful that DS2 is willing to come over and do jobs for us, he said he will be back in about a month to sort out the bits that need going in the garden.

DGD is 18 just after my birthday so I sent a card with her dad with a cheque in. There have been many ups and downs in our lives since she was born, she has grown up into a very well adjusted young lady, a credit to her Dad with whom she lives.

I was saddened to read today of the death of an old choir member, she must have been in her 80's. She had alzheimer's, such a cruel disease.

My supper tonight a ham and mustard sandwich and a dish of ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear that so many of the jobs that needed doing were done today with the good assistance of DS2! II look forward to photos when you've had the time and energy to set these last bits to rights.

    Hope DS2's back improves quickly and that he can stay off the camp bed. Probably sleeping on the floor would be better for his back than the cot.

    Yes, Alzheimer's is a cruel disease and as you know, my mother had it for the last 3+ years of her life. She died at age 88. I found it unexpectedly gentle that my sweet mother mentally "youthened" so early on I was too old to be her Barbara and before she stopped talking, she told me she knew when it was time to go to school by listening for the other children to walk past her door (residential facility) and that she hoped her mother knew where she was. I wasn't actually forgotten, or so it seemed to me.

    Sweet dreams!



Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.