Tuesday, 4 March 2014

2 days and counting

Just today and tomorrow to go and we will be moved!! Virgin have been and connected the TV broadband and phone, so thankfully now I can switch my mobile off again, will have to see how much of the £20 credit I have used over the past 2 weeks.

The house is almost empty but for the furniture. DB has gone to collect some of the plants we are bringing with us, so the patio will be a little congested until its fine, warm and dry enough to put them in.


The corner of the sitting room, all this is waiting to go into either cupboards or bookcases.


I told you there was a lot of stuff in my sewing room, this is the guest bedroom, I have to find a home for all those containers with fabric in.

The sitting room looking toward the french windows, gives you a better idea of where the bookcase and dresser are. the large book case will go in the alcove to the left of the window, a small chair there will make a 'reading place'. Its also close to a radiator. We do not have the central heating on as yet, we are just using the gas fire whilst we are here, I will fire it up tomorrow so it can start to warm the house ready for us on Thursday.


                          The tidiest room in the house, the pantry.


This lot was all in cupboards in that tiny kitchen, how ever did I get it all in??? There is a small overflow in one of the kitchen cupboards, but its stuff I use each day.

Prepped the supper, sausage, mash, carrots and calebrese and also mixed up the batter for pancakes for dessert.

DGD and I will be staying here until DB come to collect us after his bowls meeting. We will go back to the house and straight to bed, ready for the last day clearing up bits.


6 comments:

  1. Moving is so much work, but it also gives you a chance to get rid of things you don't need or use and to make a fresh, organized start. I always feel relieved when everything is at the new place, even if nothing is tidy. I guess I like all our things in one spot. Good luck with settling in. I love your new place...it will be super nice for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what joy in being so very close to the end of the moving process! It's worked well to bring things that can be put away in kitchen cabinets, the pantry, small bookcases, and your glassware in the china cabinet, hasn't it? Now to make room where you want the larger furniture pieces to be placed when they arrive.

    Cheers that you're already connected to the internet at your new home, too!!

    Do I understand that you're cooking in your new kitchen for the first time today? Hope it was a pleasure!

    We're frozen in as the driveway is a sheet of ice due to last night's low temperature of 5*F. It's forecast to be a bit above freezing today and even warmer tomorrow, so slowly this will melt away.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you and wishing you a smooth day tomorrow.
    You really are so organised that by this time next week you will be settled into your lovely new home.
    Good luck and try to get some good rest. Thank you for the pictures, looking forward to seeing the finished result.
    Love from Pam in TX.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy here so sorry I haven't been here to read for a day or two, but I have been thinking of you and hoping that it is all going smoothly - you seem very well organised! I am incredibly envious of your pantry - that looks very useful. Hope the final days of moving go well, and that you are soon settled into your new abode - wishing you the best of luck with it all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your move. The new place looks great even with all the stuff in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With all the upheaval going on here, ceiling renovation, painting and then new carpeting, I kinda wish I was just moving some place else like you dear - it would be much easier!!!! I despise living in a mess which is what I'm doing right now.
    Luckily I'm staying home until we go on a big Summer trip so will have ample time to do a huge Spring cleaning this year!

    Hope the rest of the move goes well for you Anne.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.