Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Welcome to 2014

Its hissing it down and has been since about 10am.

We were reading when the fireworks started to go off, they did not last long, so soon in dreamland.

Late getting up. Due at DD2;s for lunch so light breakfast of toast and coffee. Lovely lunch, just the 3 of us pork steak, yorkies, roast potato, peas, sweetcorn, carrot and swede mash. Followed by butterscotch cheese cake, nothing else required to eat today me thinks.

Still pouring with rain and very dark, will be glad to draw the curtains on the weather.

Start the new year as I mean to go on, its housekeeping day so emptied my purse into the penny tin. Will call at Aldi on the way home from DB's hospital appointment tomorrow.

Going to put my head down, could do with a little nap.  cheers m'dears............

5 comments:

  1. Sunny and cold here but rain is probably tomorrow.

    What a wonderful dinner DD2 had for the 3 of you to enjoy!! YUM!

    We'll have our New Year's family dinner early this evening with ham, black-eyed peas, stewed tomatoes, skillet potatoes with onions, AMIL's homemade dinner rolls, and ice cream, apple cake, or pound cake for dessert.

    An afternoon nap is a good way to start the new year!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Margie in Toronto
    Dinner sounded lovely and a great way to ease into the New Year. I went to bed just after ringing in the New Year so up at a reasonable hour this morning - able to get lots of laundry and tidying up done in the apt. (didn't want to start the year by being lazy and just sitting around). Now I can enjoy my afternoon of reading and watching a big hockey game on the TV. I'd have liked a walk but it's minus -20C outside and windy so just can't face it. Hope the rain doesn't cause you any great problems (I've been reading about the flooding) - and a Happy New Year. I don't often comment but I do check in every day so thank you for your daily efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner sounds wonderful! We went out for lunch with our daughter, son-in-law and grands. Now back home with our feet up watching the football games. We'll have black-eyed peas and cornbread tonight as is traditional here in the southern U.S. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year from the Fens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New year, I hope 2014 is good to you and yours. I always stop by and like to read what you have been up to. Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow. It's rained non stop here all day, hoping for a bit of dry weather tomorrow, all best wishes, Vee x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. I do read them all. I may choose not to publish them all however.